A leading producer of premium-branded and private-label processed meat products in the United States is hiring for several immediate openings in Owensboro. We are seeking packaging production workers who will show excellent attendance and work ethic. Shifts are M-F with some Saturdays/Sundays. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with a pay increase and benefit opportunity after a probationary period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have the ability to learn and successfully operate various types of machinery such as: blenders, grinders, slicers, Tumblers, Frankomatic, T-sizers, fork trucks, jacks,etc.
- Must have the ability to learn set up, changeover, troubleshoot, change parts (such as blades),inspect, disassemble, clean and sanitize various types of machinery
- Must have the ability to learn and complete all documentation associated with machinery and positions on production lines
- Must have the ability to communicate in English (Read and Write) and do basic math
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling & crouching
- Manual dexterity & mobility required
- Temperatures range from 36-40 degrees in most meat production areas
This is a temporary to full-time opportunity between 90 to 120 days. After being hired full-time at $13.85 you will have the ability to make between $16 – $19 per hour. As a full-time employee you will also have Health, Dental and Vision Insurance and a 401K.