Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Local restoration company has an immediate opening for an ambitious, energetic person looking for a career opportunity. This is a full time position that requires the ability to work some extended hours, weekends, holidays, and evenings. Restoration technicians perform specialized services in residential and commercial settings affected by water, fire, or other damaging events. Due to the emergency nature of the business, you must be prepared to respond quickly 24/7. Training and continuing education provided.
A Restoration Technician responds to emergency damage in homes and commercial facilities. After assessing the situation and appropriately communicating with the property owner the technician is responsible for water extraction, furniture/contents movement, using technical meters, demolition and removal of damaged materials, deploying drying equipment and following up multiple days with ongoing monitoring until a site is dry. In other situations the job may entail complete fire/smoke clean up, mold remediation or bio-hazard/trauma scene cleanup. Paperwork and computer data entry must be completed for each job. There will also be equipment for cleaning/decontamination and maintenance at the warehouse.
– Must have experience in restoration; desired candidates will provide at least one professional reference who can speak to candidate’s restoration capabilities
– Must pass drug screening
– Must have clean criminal background
– Must live within reasonable driving time of Owensboro, KY
– Must possess a valid driver’s license
– Must be willing to work emergency situations, and be on-call as scheduled
– Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed on rotation schedule
– IICRC Certification is a plus
– Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50lbs without assistance
– Must be able to comfortably climb a ladder and/or stairs
– Must be able to constantly walk, stand, stoop, bend, lift, and move items
– Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle
– Must be physically able to use PPE, including respiratory protection
Monday through Friday
7:00am to 3:30pm
Extended hours and on-call shifts will be scheduled as needed.
$12-15 pay range depends on experience.